Goldilocks and Western Union Gold Card

>> Monday, September 27, 2010

If you are a holder of the Western Union Gold Card, you may be wondering why you cannot use it at the Goldilock's Bake Shop in Sta. Cruz, Laguna.  Because I couldn't use mine, too.


I was informed by Mam Lina of Western Union that they are indeed having problems because Goldilock's is not honoring the card.  She told me to try it give her a feedback.

Yesterday, I went there to buy one of those Mocha rolls.  Unfortunately, the card was denied when I was trying to use it.  There were no explanations offered.  They just said that they are not honoring the card.

So, this morning, I went to Mam Lina to report the problem - well, more of to confirm the problem.  She said that they, too are wondering why Goldilock's is denying the card.  From what I understand, other branches are honoring the card.

I checked the brochure which lists down the establishments and the amount of discount that they offer or any other promotional tactics, and here is what I discovered.

They are giving 5% discount on decorated cakes or Party Fanfeast Packages at any Goldilocks store.  Then, there is an asterisked line:  *5% discount is on base cakes cost only.

So, this means that other than cakes, party fanfeast packages, no discount is available on purchases.  And this means, too, that buyin a roll or a loaf of bread of any kind doesn't entitle the cardholder for the discount.
If Mam Lina or the people from Western Union has no complete knowledge of the deal, I am expecting that the people from Goldilocks should know the details of their promotion as well as its scopes and limitations, since they are the establishment concerned.  I am not expecting the people from the Western Union to know the details of the tie-up with all the establishments since there are more than a dozen of them.  And if they do know the details, I think they should explain it to the consumers and not just tell us plainly that "No, we don't accept the card."   

This is only my understanding.  Mam Lina of Western Union told me that she will update me when this issue has been resolved within the two companies.

But for now, I will settle for the analysis that I made with regard to the issue.  Please don't hesitate to make a comment on this post if you have any other points of view.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that comments are moderated before they are published to get rid of spams or hateful rants.

If you don't have an account with Google or any of these OpenIDs, you can log in using the Name/URL button. No need to write anything on the URL space.

Thank you for taking time to comment on my articles!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

About

My photo
This site is created to celebrate life in STA. CRUZ, LAGUNA and its nearby towns. It aims to promote business, community and travel in the town. It's also the community's resource site for events, activities and others that will empower the community and its province. The site also aims to create inspiration by featuring individuals who come from the town and are working hard to achieve their dreams for the community and mankind in their own special ways.
Travel & Leisure - Top Blogs PhilippinesBlog Directory for the Philippines Blogarama - The Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP