One of the Reasons Why I Love Living in Laguna

>> Thursday, September 23, 2010

If you are here in Laguna or somewhere near, you may now feel that the breeze is changing. A sign that Christmas is coming and the cold nights and not-so-cold days are also here.  This may hold true for the towns that are further down south than those that are near Manila.  Because during those earlier years, I actually felt the breeze slowly cooler as we go down from the Alabang viaduct.  

But apart from that, there is also one sign.  My dad told us about this just recently.  His memory of this bird was triggered by the song, "Boom Tarat" by no other than Willie Revillame.

"Tarat" is a Filipino term for migratory birds that move  in to our country when the climate changes from the rainy days to the colder season.  I tried to google for the English term and found out that these birds are called Shrike the best article I can find is here and the best images I can find are here and here.  I would love to have it copied here but I respect the copyright of the owner so just click on the link to give you an idea of how this bird looks like.


I also wish I can share with you how the bird tweets, so that you'll know what it sounds like when this species gives you an announcement of the coming of the happiest season in the country.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that comments are moderated before they are published to get rid of spams or hateful rants.

If you don't have an account with Google or any of these OpenIDs, you can log in using the Name/URL button. No need to write anything on the URL space.

Thank you for taking time to comment on my articles!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

About

My photo
This site is created to celebrate life in STA. CRUZ, LAGUNA and its nearby towns. It aims to promote business, community and travel in the town. It's also the community's resource site for events, activities and others that will empower the community and its province. The site also aims to create inspiration by featuring individuals who come from the town and are working hard to achieve their dreams for the community and mankind in their own special ways.
Travel & Leisure - Top Blogs PhilippinesBlog Directory for the Philippines Blogarama - The Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP