Poblacion By Foot

>> Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My errands today were to go to places that are far apart from each other. So, before I left this morning, I planned my route in such a way that I didn't have to go back and forth on the same place twice. I planned to walk around town and see how long I can stand walking.

My first stop was at the Irene Mall. I couldn't help but reminisce because I remember, as someone who just left college and Manila to come back to the province for good, Irene Mall was where I used to spend my afternoons after taking off from our store. Waffles N' Cones used to be at the center of the place and a lot of times, I came across with friends while having my late snack there.

After my errands in the area, I have to walk along M. H. del Pilar to get to L. Taleon St., where my next stop would be. Along the long street, I remember my afternoon walks from high school. I had some friend who I walked with and we used to share some jokes every now and then. I couldn't help but take a picture of this stretch here. There is just something with this kind of stone that attracts me. 


M. H. Del Pilar Street, this view is if you're coming from L. Taleon Street
Traffic wasn't so I didn't experience any traffic because I was walking. After L. Taleon, I needed to go to the bank which was at P. Burgos Street. This is the street where I grew up. I remember skating along the sidewalks when I was barely ten years old. Just a little bit of information, the Kodak store that used to be in the corner of P. Burgos and Falcon Streets is now closed and is replaced by a tv store, which I think sells surplus tv sets, so don't bother to go to that place anymore for your photo printing needs.

Then, I was off to A. Regidor Street. I was actually going to Novo, which used to be the Columbia Theater. Remember how a lot of guys and girls were addicted to space invaders slot machines at the second floor of the building?

There you go. This should have taken you to a ride around the poblacion area of the town of Sta. Cruz. You can check my google map for the streets I mentioned. I hope that taking you for a ride also took you down to your end of memory lane. You might think that it is tiring to do this, but actually not, if you have a lot of good memories to look back to.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that comments are moderated before they are published to get rid of spams or hateful rants.

If you don't have an account with Google or any of these OpenIDs, you can log in using the Name/URL button. No need to write anything on the URL space.

Thank you for taking time to comment on my articles!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

About

My photo
This site is created to celebrate life in STA. CRUZ, LAGUNA and its nearby towns. It aims to promote business, community and travel in the town. It's also the community's resource site for events, activities and others that will empower the community and its province. The site also aims to create inspiration by featuring individuals who come from the town and are working hard to achieve their dreams for the community and mankind in their own special ways.
Travel & Leisure - Top Blogs PhilippinesBlog Directory for the Philippines Blogarama - The Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP