Goto Paete

>> Friday, September 24, 2010

I have been going to Paete, Laguna for almost every month since June of this year. There are errands that I need to do there which is a sort of a monthly thing. I don't really mind the travel time since I have always enjoyed the travel. This is beside the fact that it is my dad's hometown and my Kaka (Tito) lives there at our ancestral home.

Sometimes, these errands take a little longer which sort of makes us need to catch some snacks whenever we feel our stomachs shout for food. My dad has been talking about the best 
lugaw (rice porridge) in town ever since I can remember. But we never had the chance to try it out since most of the time, we are offered some food by my cousins there.

In my August visit, I finally had the taste of this famous lugaw that my dad always talk about. Of course there are already variations, one of which is the 
goto (rice porridge with the pig's intestine). This is at Mercy's Goto. That's what the sign says. It is located somewhere behind the Aglipayan Church. The best landmark I can give you is the Paete Health Center.

Mercy's Goto has been serving the best 
lugaw and goto in Paete for the past seventeen years or so. How do I know? I met the owner at the Paete General Hospital in one of my visits there last May. Mercy says she got the recipe from her mother from years back and has been making lugaw and goto that long.

Aside from the special goto, I also tasted one of the best 
puto pasingaw I have ever tried. It is not too sweet so I guess it won't harm if you have a slice of it.

If you are looking for the best goto at a budget price when in this town, I suggest you try Mercy's Goto.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that comments are moderated before they are published to get rid of spams or hateful rants.

If you don't have an account with Google or any of these OpenIDs, you can log in using the Name/URL button. No need to write anything on the URL space.

Thank you for taking time to comment on my articles!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

About

My photo
This site is created to celebrate life in STA. CRUZ, LAGUNA and its nearby towns. It aims to promote business, community and travel in the town. It's also the community's resource site for events, activities and others that will empower the community and its province. The site also aims to create inspiration by featuring individuals who come from the town and are working hard to achieve their dreams for the community and mankind in their own special ways.
Travel & Leisure - Top Blogs PhilippinesBlog Directory for the Philippines Blogarama - The Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP