The tank is still standing.

>> Friday, November 26, 2010

I was out the whole day yesterday.  But it was good because the weather was cool.  This is what I love the ber months for.  A little windy and the breeze is not like coming from things like the oven or a vent.

Anyway, I promised in one of my entries that I'll take a picture of the capitol's new face once it was done.  I missed taking the picture of the front side yesterday.  But I think what I found out is more worthwhile to note at this point.  The front side will come a little later when I have to go there again Thursday next week.  Help me wish for a flat light so I can get another good picture.

As the title, says, the tank is still standing.  I intentionally included the tank because I think it's already a landmark.  This is noteworthy because since I was young, I have seen this tank at the back of the hospital and somewhere along the capitol grounds.  I also know that this tank was never filled with water since I can remember and in fact, there were some urban legends I heard about it.  Thirty years have passed since.  And I wonder if it's been there for more than that.

Anyway.


What I really wanted to show you is the fountain and what used to be there.  If you're from Sta. Cruz, Laguna, you should know the place behind the old capitol building we simply call cultural back in those days.  This structure is circular with a stage and a little canteen on the side.  Back then, students practice their dance routines and other cultural presentations on this building and have a snack at the store.

Then, it was torn down and became a parking space.

Now, a fountain stands there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that comments are moderated before they are published to get rid of spams or hateful rants.

If you don't have an account with Google or any of these OpenIDs, you can log in using the Name/URL button. No need to write anything on the URL space.

Thank you for taking time to comment on my articles!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

About

My photo
This site is created to celebrate life in STA. CRUZ, LAGUNA and its nearby towns. It aims to promote business, community and travel in the town. It's also the community's resource site for events, activities and others that will empower the community and its province. The site also aims to create inspiration by featuring individuals who come from the town and are working hard to achieve their dreams for the community and mankind in their own special ways.
Travel & Leisure - Top Blogs PhilippinesBlog Directory for the Philippines Blogarama - The Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP