They didn't give me what I wanted.

>> Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I had to go for some errands yesterday. I returned a book that was long overdue. I borrowed it from one of the best hairdressers here in town. While I has having a short conversation, my sister told me to ask Larry how much it would cost me to have my hair colored. I was surprised of what he told me. He said that having my hair colored would just make all the white hairs come out.

Then, the next errand would be to buy this stuff that I would need in one of my recipes. It's the kind that you won't just find in supermarkets and sari-sari stores so I had to find the store that has it on their stock. After a few stores, I was led by one store-owner friend to Patok, which is one of the famous Chinese stores here in our town ever since I was young. The store was busy. I can see that all of the crews were attending to either a person at the counter or an order slip that needs to be done. I went directly to the owner and asked the ingredient. He told me that they don't sell those, but it didn't stop from there. He told me some facts about the thing that I was looking for. The advantages and disadvantages of using it.

Don't you just like it when you are treated this way by these business people? This tells me that they are not just there to make money. They are there to serve people, too.

Take the hairdresser. Yesterday, a friend of ours paid us a visit and we noticed her hair. She told us that it was actually a disaster. Her hair was 'rebonded' just two weeks ago, and from the looks of it, it looked like it was already six months old. She told us that she thinks she was just dooped by the hairdresser to make some money from her, and that maybe true. But the hairdresser whom I asked to dye my hair chose to be honest to me and not do the job because of the possible effects after doing so.

But anyhow, it just feels good that somehow, people like these still exists in our town to give us what we need and to serve us as honest and receptive people. They didn't give me what I wanted, but it's because what I wanted might not work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that comments are moderated before they are published to get rid of spams or hateful rants.

If you don't have an account with Google or any of these OpenIDs, you can log in using the Name/URL button. No need to write anything on the URL space.

Thank you for taking time to comment on my articles!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

About

My photo
This site is created to celebrate life in STA. CRUZ, LAGUNA and its nearby towns. It aims to promote business, community and travel in the town. It's also the community's resource site for events, activities and others that will empower the community and its province. The site also aims to create inspiration by featuring individuals who come from the town and are working hard to achieve their dreams for the community and mankind in their own special ways.
Travel & Leisure - Top Blogs PhilippinesBlog Directory for the Philippines Blogarama - The Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP