Spoke Too Soon and Woke Too Late

>> Saturday, October 23, 2010

I had an appointment with a teacher yesterday. She's going to be the next feature in my My Teacher, My Hero series next week.

I went there a little early hoping for an opportunity to take snap shots of kids playing. But it was an extra treat for me when I got there and saw that the kids had just finished their Halloween program. The kids were all over the place and I had a lot of fun taking snap shots. I stayed on the second floor so that I could get a better view of how kids play today.

I think this is this generation's version of 'Luksong Baka'
But anyway, I found out that I spoke too early with my article, "Some Tips To The Polls." I found out from Mama that the system will be back to the old one since we are not using the PCOS machine. She said that instead of the 'clustering' that was done last May 2010, it's going to be back to 'per sitio' system wherein instead of the five precincts, there will be fifteen. I think with this system, the precinct number provided at the Comelec precinct finder will not work. So, I guess we all will have to check our names using the old way again. It's going to be posted in front of the precincts where we will look for the number. So, where you went to the last elections before May will be your precinct this time.

Today is Saturday, and I know I wrote about the aerobics session happening at 6:00 on Saturdays at the Muncipal Hall grounds. I wanted to join, get some sweats and meet people. But, what happened was I woke up too late and I got too lazy. And by the way, we heard that it's not for free anymore (if it ever was for free at all). We heard that there's something like Php20.00 charge. Not bad at all. Let me see if I can check it out next Saturday. Tell me if you can join and let's meet up. This will make me get up early next Saturday.

Anyway, did you know that October is the month of standing up against bullying? The color purple is the official color of saying "No to Bullying." This is an advocacy to stop bullying in schools because there are a lot of suicides that were caused by students who were bullied either in their schools or at their dormitories. The numbers are really getting bad and we should all do something to stop bullying.

I'm off to a busy weekend. Later today, at 2:00 pm, don't forget the "United Nation's Day Celebration" of Infante's Learning Center. It would be at the Activity Center of the Sunstar Mall.

Then, tomorrow at 3:00 pm, the coronation of Sunstar Mall's search for Miss Gay 2010 will be held also at the mall's activity center. This time, I don't think I'll make it because I have a lunch party to attend to.

I just hope this will be a dry weekend.

Happy weekend everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that comments are moderated before they are published to get rid of spams or hateful rants.

If you don't have an account with Google or any of these OpenIDs, you can log in using the Name/URL button. No need to write anything on the URL space.

Thank you for taking time to comment on my articles!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

About

My photo
This site is created to celebrate life in STA. CRUZ, LAGUNA and its nearby towns. It aims to promote business, community and travel in the town. It's also the community's resource site for events, activities and others that will empower the community and its province. The site also aims to create inspiration by featuring individuals who come from the town and are working hard to achieve their dreams for the community and mankind in their own special ways.
Travel & Leisure - Top Blogs PhilippinesBlog Directory for the Philippines Blogarama - The Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP